Notifications
Clear all

Losing connection at night

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@katecmk11)
Topic starter

It seems to only happen at night. The monitor will lose connection and beep loudly over and over. It keeps me awake and it’s becoming extremely annoying. I don’t believe this uses wifi to work so what is the issue? We are across the hall from the baby. Please help!!!! I need my sleep.

Posted : 29/09/2022 7:21 am
(@robertinfantoptics-com)
Member Admin

Keep both the monitor unit away from any WIFI devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.). Some users place the monitor unit and smartphone very close to each other on their bedside while they sleep. The further away the WIFI devices are from the monitor, the less interference there is.

Posted : 03/10/2022 4:01 am
(@smock)

@robertinfantoptics-com hi, is there a minimum recommended distance? This is impractical advice if I'm holding my smart phone and the monitor is next to me on a table and constantly beeps. Similarly, I do require both items to be on my night stand..... Does this render the monitor useless or doom me to constantly interrupted sleep?

Posted : 09/11/2022 10:06 am
Member Admin

Try to keep it at least 3ft away from your smartphone. Another suggestion is to change the WiFi band from 2.4-GHz to 5-GHz if your router supports it.

Posted : 10/11/2022 4:20 am
(@mariana-dutra)

@robertinfantoptics-com  my monitor looses the signal even in the same room with the camera.

If wasn’t enough the beeps - what really scares me is loosing the sound and the image from my baby.

he starts rolling and I need to listen him.

no phone, turn off from energy the alexia (no white noise for him) and change the internet to 5 and still terrible nights.

there is another thing that IO could do to fix their product? 

because I’m not recommending it for anyone.

Posted : 24/11/2022 5:08 am
(@haney110)

@robertinfantoptics-com my monitor looses connection constantly. It won’t stay connected for longer than 4 minutes and even worse is it doesn’t even beep so I would never know if I was asleep. This is incredibly unreliable and unacceptable. What can infant optics do about this? 

Posted : 26/11/2022 5:32 pm
Member Admin

Please contact the customer support by email at info@infantoptics.com

Posted : 29/11/2022 8:01 am
Share: